Thursday, March 28, 2013

Royal Cookies

 
How do you like my royal cookies? Aren't they cute?
It's my first run so it's not perfect..but give me some time ;)
I studied blogs and books how to handle royal icing, piping tecniques and consitens and all I have to say- it's not really easy it takes a lot of practise. But hey i think they got kinda cute. How did I made these??? I'll tell you!
The cookies are a butter-sugar-dough. You make 2 different icng sugar one to flood the cookie and the other one to "decorate". But I always like to grade up my pastry ... this time I filled them with a vanilla cream. mhhh yummie!

Ok there's nothing to add.. besides the recipe :)
Here we go!

Ingredients:
  •  400gr  flour (3 cups)
  • 1/2 tsp  salt
  • 1 tsp     baking soda
  • 200 gr   sugar (1 cup)
  • 200 gr   butter (1 cup)
  • 2 eggs
  • vanilla extract
Royal icing
  •  2 egg whites
  • 330gr Icing sugar (sifted) (3 cups)
Recipe

1. Mix your butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy (3mins)
2. Mix and sift your dry ingredients in an extra bowl.(Flour, salt, baking soda)
3. Now mix all together until it's incorporated.
4. cut your dough into half and wrap it into plastic wrap.
let the dough chill for 2h in the fridge.
5. Now roll out the dough and cut out a desired shape.
6. Bake the cookies for 7-10mins (i prefer 7 because they'll be soft inside)170°c (350°F)

7. Mix your royal icing and prepare 2 piping bags.

Happy piping!

No comments:

Post a Comment