Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trilogy of Sin

What kind of Cupcake is your addiction?
Do you love special ones likes a vanilla-cinnamon cupcake with caramelized apple pieces or just a rich chocolate Cupcake with a delicious chocolate Ganache??


When I tried my first Cupcake it was Chocolate but now I can't decide between chocolate, caramel or vanilla. I love all three them - that's why I call it "trilogy of sin"
I love the simple things in my life.
I rated my last Post on Facebook and I thought there are a lot who love chocolate - but i was wrong.

Most of the people loved the vanilla cupcake - I was really really surprised, even caramel was mentioned like ones or twice? poor poor caramel cupcake :( .

It's just interesting to know which flavor do you like.
I started thinking of keeping one main base recipe and refine it with a flavour.

Why I do that?
I tried a lot of different recipes ...
I got a ton of baking books in my sideboard and I always tried the chocolate and vanilla ones. I got really disappointed. I use the right ingredients even the amount was right - but at the end the cupcake were a mess.. to dry or not enough flour, to much sugar.... etc. Last time I had a cupcake which tasted like a cookie. I wasn't fluffy as i wished. So here's my best cupcake recipe ever. Do you have an alternative? Let me please know :)



Ingredients: Vanilla Cupcakes
  • 100gr butter
  • 150gr sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 175gr flour
  •  1pck backing soda (8gr)
Frosting:
  • 70gr butter
  • 100gr icing sugar

Recipe: 

Preheat your oven to 200° and line 12 or 24(mini cups
Beat you butter in a bowl with a electric hand mixer  and add sugar until it gets fluffy.
Add the the eggs and the vanilla extract.
Now add sifted flour, baking powder and salt.

Fill your muffin cups evenly and bake for 17 min/or 7 min in the cupcakebaker.
Buttercream:

beat your butter until smooth, add the vanilla extract.
Now mix on low speed and add gradually the icing sugar.
We're done!

Hope you'll like it!
Cheers Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment