Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's get Low Carb - Almond Cupcakes


I made an decision- my BF started low carb last year and it was really hard for me to bake all those nice "unhealthy" recipes (most of them without trying). yeahh I'm pretty supportive :( But here we go I'll started searching for low carb & gluten free recipes..you are welcome to follow me on my low carb journey.I was pretty happy to find gluten free and low carb recipes... so i started cooking & baking.
I was pretty surprised how good it went and of course it's easy to make.

So here's my first recipe.
I started with a almond chocolate Cupcake (of course cupcake! Can't live without) with a creamy vanilla frosting. Pretty easy pretty yummie! And a lot of low-carbs- wehehhehe


What you'll need:

Ingredients:

Cupcake

  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/2 tsp Natron
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 200 gr Almonds (grinded)
  • 10 gr dark chocolate(100gr/19 carbs)(chopped)
  • 100gr Butter(melted or softend)
Frosting

  • 200ml cream cheese
  • 1pck vanilla pudding/ vanilla bean
  • 3tblsp milk/ cream

1 beat the egg whites until foamy. (preheat your oven to 175°C)
2 use an extra bowl and mix the eggs yolks with natron, salt & butter.
3 now mix the almonds with the egg yolk mixture and add the chopped chocolate.
4 now fold your egg whites savely into the batter otherwise it will deflate.
5 fill up the dough into your muffincups and bake for 17-20min.



No comments:

Post a Comment